Thursday, June 7, 2012

Last Day of Schoolitis

Today was my kids' last day of school. They are now home, all day, for the rest of the summer. Eep! I love having my kids home, but they tend to bicker with each other a lot and trying to write anything while they are running around and wanting my attention is almost impossible.

Which means I start pulling a lot of late nights and early mornings to get writing time in. Which also means my eating habits (such as they are) get a little out of whack.

I've started making a lot of fruit smoothies lately, both to give myself something healthy to snack on when I'm playing vampire all night, and to give my kids a yummy breakfast. For them, I make the smoothies really thick and call it ice cream. They love it :D

The recipe almost can't be called a recipe because it is ridiculously simple. But here you go :)

Breakfast Ice Cream

Ingredients:

Your choice of fruit (I use frozen fruit so I don't need ice, but if you prefer fresh then add ice to the mix - my favorite = the tropical mix - peaches, mango, pineapple, and strawberry)
Enough milk to create your desired thickness
A splash of vanilla
A couple teaspoons of agave nectar to sweeten (to taste)
(I'll also toss in flax seeds, wheat germ, bran, etc for a little extra healthy kick) :)



Toss it all in a blender...


And enjoy!! A little dollop of whip cream makes it an extra fun treat!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I have this kind of thing for snacks but hadn't thought of the breakfast potential. Gooooooood idea.

    ReplyDelete