It isn't that I don't enjoy cooking, because I do, but when it's a weekday (when I'm not traveling for #dayjob), time's super limited, and you have a lot to get done, I'm in favor of all things that will give me more time to bond with the kiddies, hang with the Hubs, and get in some time to write too!
Here's a recent addition to the easy peasy recipes for a quick and yummy weeknight dinner.
1 lb package of capellini pasta (angel hair or thin spaghetti)
6 Roma tomatoes - chopped
1 pckg fresh Basil - thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic - minced (more if you like more garlic)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta per directions and drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Toss in minced garlic, lower heat to medium, cook for a minute.
3. Add tomatoes to pan, saute for about 5 minutes.
4. Add basil, salt, pepper to pan, stir to combine, turn off heat.
5. Toss pasta into pan and combine.
6. Serve. (We had Italian sausage on the side this day... but that's optional)
Oh, and you can also make the sauce beforehand and freeze as well, reheat and toss in cooked pasta to serve.