Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NaNoWriMo and Feeding Your Freezer



It's NaNo time again. This means more time made for writing and less time for cooking.


So I thought I'd do a bit of research on Filling your Freezer. I've heard of doing this, and it sounds wonderful. Homemade food, ready and waiting in your freezer, so you can just whip it out, heat it and eat it. Family is happy and your word count is happy too.

I found a great site of a frugal mom who posts on how to fill your freezer in 4 weeks. But it's already Nano November and I don't have four weeks to cook and fill my freezer. Sigh. 

So I hunted down a list of 10 freezer recipes that I might try. The chicken and spinach enchiladas sound yummy. 

This a post on Filling your freezer for easier school days, could easily be tweaked to say easier NaNo days.

And for us visual types here's a Feed your Freezer pinterest page.

After researching all of this, I'm still at a loss on how to have dinner ready on the table during NaNoWriMo. I mean, I would have had to think ahead to fill my freezer. And, well, I didn't. So I suppose it's take-out. Or better yet, teaching my husband and kids how to hone their foraging skills.

Happy National Novel Writing Month everyone! Now go get that novel written! 





No comments:

Post a Comment