Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Arugula, Cranberry, Turkey Wrap and Caramels, oh my!



Happy Thanksgiving Leftovers Everyone!

I have a treat for you. Two recipes instead of just one! (actually 3 if you count the cranberry sauce!)

I found a great leftover turkey wrap that I'll show you how to make, super, fast, and easy. 

But first, I have another recipe that I simply must share. It's from Alton Brown, of course, whose recipes I love.  I came across it the other day when I was looking for salted caramels. 

I've never made caramel before, but I figured it was time I tried. I mean it's sugar, if I mess it up, it'll still be good right? (okay if you burn this, it will be destined for the trash can). But really even if it doesn't set up it still tastes great. Alton's recipe for Dark Salty Caramels is sublime! I could eat this straight out of the pan, and I have. All you need is a candy thermometer, sugar, salt, water, heavy cream and butter, and elastic-waist pants.

Okay, now on to the easiest turkey leftover recipe ever.  I am destined, sadly, not to be a food photographer.  But trust me the outcome is much tastier!


Arugula, Cranberry, Turkey Wrap
12 oz. washed baby arugula
1/2 cup of homemade cranberry relish (easier than you think, and totally worth it, but you can substitute store bought)
4 flour or whole wheat tortillas
2 Tablespoons Hellman's Mayonnaise (optional)
oh right...
2 cups of shredded leftover turkey meat

Arrange the ingredients like a wrap.

On top of a flat tortilla smear 1 or 2 Tablespoons of cranberry relish. You may also add the mayonnaise here, which is my preference,(my husband disagrees). So it's up to you if you like mayo. Next add a handful of arugula, top with turkey and additional cranberry sauce. Roll up and enjoy! 

I'm sure you can tweak this recipe by adding your own signature to it. Please let me know if you do. I'd love to learn new ways to enjoy this wrap!

Btw, try not to eat too many of Alton's caramels, I'm sure when I get on the scale I'll be regretting ever finding the recipe! 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment