Monday, April 15, 2013

Getting the Feeling with Mini Pot Pies

Getting the right feeling in your writing is essential to the story. The reader needs to feel as though they are in the story and not watching from a distance. Getting this right isn’t easy sometimes. For me, I have to imagine myself as the person whom I’m writing. I have to tune out the world and place myself in the scene, imagine the sun on my skin, the sound of the leaves crunching under my feet. If it’s a scene where the reader will need to understand their feeling, I have to picture myself being chased, dodging bullets, hiding from a monster. That panic, heart pounding fear that would go along with it. My husband hates when I have to write a fight scene between a couple because I may take it out on him and give him a stink eye for a day or two, forgetting that it‘s not him I‘m mad at but a character in my story. When I do this, I have to make nice with the hubs, so I make him one of his favorite dishes to say sorry, it’s not him. It’s my crazy writers mind. (I’m sure I’m the only one who is this odd)






 

Mini Chicken Pot Pies


Ingredients
  • 2 cups COOKED chicken breasts diced  (I use 2 larger cans of chicken, like the ones you get by the tuna in the store)
  • 1 can cream chicken soup
  • 1cup FROZEN veggies
  • 1cup shredded cheese
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 can Pillsbury (any brand really) biscuits

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit

2.  In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, frozen veggies, cheeses, and seasonings.

3.  Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place the biscuit dough into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.

4.  Evenly spoon the soup mixture into each biscuit cup. Place filled tins in oven and bake for 15 minutes, Check at 12 minute mark.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment